Youth Leader Needed!
Purpose: To provide leadership in developing the Youth Ministries that inspire the youth of our church and community to be growing disciples of Jesus Christ through an atmosphere of faith, spiritual growth, outreach, peer support, and fun.
Reports to: SPRC
Supervised by: The Pastor
- A love of Jesus Christ and a commitment to sharing the gospel with the youth and their families.
- Minimum Age – 21
- Background Check Required.
- United Methodist experience preferred.
- Strong communication & organizational skills.
- Experience working with youth within the church, school, or community.
- Comfortable with social media and current youth communication methods.
- Ability to network with other local churches and their youth programs.
- The work schedule is estimated to be 10-12 hours per week.
- Develop and lead a youth program for 6-8th grade and 9-12th once a week.
- Available on Sunday mornings to connect and participate in worship and education.
- Develop and maintain positive connections with the parents of the youth.
- Plan and execute outreach opportunities for youth, and coordinate with the outreach committee.
- Submit a summary of recent and upcoming youth events for the “All of Us” quarterly church newsletter.
- The position may offer opportunities to grow as program(s) develop.
- This position will be filled as soon as possible with a qualified candidate.
Send Resume and List of References to:
Liverpool First United Methodist Church
Attn: SPPRC Chair/Pastor
604 Oswego Street,
Liverpool, NY 13088
Pay commensurate with experience. Range $16-$22/hr. Emails may be sent to churchoffice@ liverpoolfirstumc.org